Tuesday, February 24, 2009

thoughts

The following is a list of the thoughts in my head, as they appear, and as I remember them:
  1. I am so done with winter. It needs to be over. I'm sick of being cold. I'm sick of my body shaking in the early morning wind. I'm ready for flip-flops, and sunscreen. Today, I spent half an hour de-icing my car. I couldn't even open it for the first ten minutes. I had to hack away at the door with a stick. Then, I opened it, got my shovel, hacked away at the top of the car, opened the sun roof, stuck my whole body through it, and hacked away at the windshield. I'm done. It's over. Although, on the brighter side, I drove home from work, and as I was driving over the Tobin Bridge at 4:56, it was still quite light outside.
  2. I love this city so much that every time I drive home from work I get excited. Every time I'm on the Tobin, and I see the skyline, my heartbeat quickens. It's so silly. But it never gets old. Kind of like Holland, when I lived there. Most of my castle-mates eventually got into the groove of things, and became used to living there. It was normal. It never got old for me. I still woke up every morning, realized where I was, and nearly screamed.
  3. I am injured in two ways. First, my back hurts. When I breathe, there is pain. Second, I fell running today with my kids, and my knee looks like what I would imagine brain matter would look like.
  4. Sometimes, the best part of teaching writing is the amazing responses I apparently inspire from my co-teachers. Especially the more conservative ones. They tend to let loose. It's great.
  5. Please, let me keep my job.
  6. I need to lose weight. As soon as I can exhale without excruciating pain. How am I going to teach tomorrow?
  7. My bed is amazing. I wish I could conduct more of my life here.
  8. What I wouldn't give to be underwater at the camp pool right now, hunting for rings. Annie, I miss you. Let's hang out.
  9. My new computer is incredible. What should I name it? I think it's a boy. My previous computers have been... Sly, after Sylvester Stallone, Macphisto, after the character Bono created on U2's Zoo TV tour in the 90s, and Prefontaine, after, well, Steve Prefontaine. So, Who should I name this computer after? Maybe Adam.
  10. I had an amazing dream last night.
  11. I sometimes wonder if there's ever an end to this information... phenomenon. I mean, space, digitally, is getting smaller and smaller. Think of how big the first generation iPods were, and they didn't even have that may gigabytes. Now those little shuffles have a whole gig, and I could probably fit eight of them in my mouth. Not that I'd try. That's why I won't get one. I'm afraid it would be mistaken for a potato chip. No, but seriously. Is there a point where it all stops, or are we going to end up with computers that have multiple terabytes of space and are 5 inches in diameter?
  12. The weirdest thing I think is the Oakley Thump. If I could list the strangest results of this technology age, that would be up there with the top ones. They are Oakley sunglasses with an mp3 player and earbuds built in. It's ridiculous. I used to play with them when I worked at Marathon Sports. I even saw... some celebrity... wearing them at the Grammy's. Indoors. During a musical performance.
  13. What is going on with Izzy on Grey's Anatomy? What on earth is wrong with her?
  14. Kara Thrace is not a Cylon. If you don't watch Battlestar Galatica, you don't know what I'm talking about, and sadly, are not fulfilling your potential for awesomeness as a human being. Change it. Netflix it or buy the seasons or watch them online. Www.fanpop.com
  15. My students are baffled by the fact that my first name is Leah. They don't think it's a good name for me. Apparently I look like a Rachel.
  16. I miss the sun.
  17. Ouch. I breathed, and it hurt. Crap.
  18. All the other things on my mind are not for the entire internet to read, although I don't know why I bother, because no one reads this.
  19. Goodnight.
  20. Was the numbering necessary once I got to "goodnight?"
  21. Yes, yes it was.
  22. Definitely.
TOT ZIENS ~ LW

No comments: