Sunday, October 07, 2012

Things I Wonder

What is the difference between frosting and icing?

What is the difference between a sarong and a sari?

Why does sleeping too much make you more tired?

Why does the camera add ten pounds?

Why does the job I love not pay as much as my friends' jobs they hate?

What does one do when one slouchy boot slouches more than the other?

Why does 80% of the population wear skinny jeans when they only look good on 20% of the population?

Why does white bread still exist? It's terrifying.

Why did Jaqen on Game of Thrones have to magically change his face to a less hot face?

Why do I love boots so dearly?

Why does rain seem to chill me to the bone, literally?

Why do my nails grow really fast but my hair does not? I'm tired of waiting. I need long hair by May for Conor/Masha's wedding. COME ON NOW.

Who raised the BC undergrad boys who used to inhabit my house? Really, who? You're disgusting, boys, and I'm going to sell your Comcast equipment illegally, TAKE THAT disgusting humans.

Why do I read so compulsively? The way addicts feel about drugs is the way I feel about reading.

Why aren't there more hours in the day?

Why can't I fix my students' lives? I really want to. This ties into the previous one... Why aren't there more hours in the day?

Why isn't there a way for me to freeze time so I can get more work done, but not age accordingly?

How am I going to turn myself into Joan Holloway for a Mad Men theme party? I really want to be her. I love her character. She is so many kinds of wonderful. But I have no hips, no waist, and no boobs. Not that I mind. I love my body. I work my ass off to make it one I'm proud of. But logistically speaking, I'm not sure there's enough padding in the world to make me into something that can do Joan justice. I wish I could go as Don Draper, but I don't want to wear a dude wig. Pantsless Don Draper? Maybe? Sans wig? I don't know.

No comments: