Wednesday, October 03, 2012

20 Reasons Why I Ignored You

Inspired by this post on Thought Catalog... I'm not saying I agree with everything on that list (I don't). But it did make me think about why I don't call men back, or stop calling them back, or break things off entirely... My list encompasses a bit more. I present to you:

20 Reasons Why I Ignored You, Dude. 
(all have happened at least once)


  1. You just wanted me for sex (which is flattering, but no thanks). 
  2. I wasn't attracted to you. 
  3. You were sending mixed messages and I was tired of trying to decode them. 
  4. You are the kind of person who doesn't know how to work hard for anything. 
  5. You talked shit to me about my vegetarianism. I don't care if you're not one, but let's just agree to disagree. If we can't eat the same entrees, we can at least meet halfway at the dessert portion of the meal. Or not, since you spent the entire dinner complaining about my entree choice. 
  6. No fizz factor. Fizz factor = You know that feeling you get when you drink too much over-carbonated soda? That's the way I feel when I'm attracted to someone, except it's kind of an all-over feeling. If I never once thought about kissing you... Sorry dude. 
  7. You're a lot smaller than me. I know it's ridiculous, but I'm a former fat girl. I have a complex. I can't be the bigger one in the relationship. It's not about height. It's about being petite. I'm sorry... I can't deal with it. 
  8. I was working out. You might say, "Really? How long do you work out for? No way it was that long." Yes way. Sometimes I work out for most of the day. Deal with it. 
  9. I had an awful day and I was sleeping it off like a bad night at the Hong Kong in Faneuil. Yes, I just compared recovering from a day teaching to recovering from a hangover. Deal with it. 
  10. You insulted my profession, alluded to insulting my profession, or condescendingly remarked about my profession. 
  11. You told me I was a terrible excuse for a human being because I hated The Catcher in the Rye.
  12. I went incommunicado because my internet and 3g broke. 
  13. You told me I should be jealous that you have a big boy job in the real world. 
  14. You were mean to my little brother. 
  15. You couldn't maintain eye contact with my father. He is deceptively scary, but really? 
  16. You were anti-Semitic. 
  17. You insulted my (mostly) healthy lifestyle. I am a couch potato very often, but I love being active. I value my health. And you kept making comments about how much time I was wasting while running. It was rude. 
  18. You were a compulsive liar. 
  19. You neglected to mention that your ex died TWO WEEKS AGO. 
  20. You asked me to explain my highest level of math education and proceeded to judge me for not taking AB Calc in high school. 

No comments: