Monday, January 02, 2012

Word Vomit part 3

Random Thoughts in No Particular Order

IDEA: Why don't we forget this "Make resolutions once a year" bullshit? Two days ago, my grandma called me to wish me a shana tova. This means Happy New Year in Hebrew, and is typically what we say on Rosh Hashanah, which is in Tishrei, typically September on our calendar. That got me thinking... Does it really matter when we make goals, as long as we make them? And more importantly, does it really matter when we make goals, as long as we actually try to accomplish them?

GOAL: I'm taking my life back. No more working 20+ hours a week outside of school. None of it. I need a life.

GOAL: I just watched the trailer for the Vow, and now I must watch every movie Channing Tatum has ever been in. I don't care if you judge me. I will be the first person to admit that Nicholas Sparks is a mediocre writer. But let's face it: Mediocre novels often turn into wonderful movies starring Channing Tatum, Ryan Gosling, etc.

PREMONITION: ME, CUT. I don't mean "oh, a slight shadow of a line down her abs" or "Nice legs" or "Looks great when Dancer Stephanie spends 10 minutes posing me in a bikini and adjusting the lighting" I mean CUT. I want to be strong. I want to be able to run Heartbreak and be only minimally sore. I want to use more than the "girly" weight in body pump class. I'm going to do it. You know why? First, Dad bought me a pilates reformer package for Hanukkah (HELL YES). Second, Michelle has a fantastic blog about working out, so even when I'm lazy I can learn. Third, I'm making this decision on January 2nd, as opposed to my usual panicked decision time which is... When do I usually panic? Oh! Right after the carbohydrate festival that is Passover! We were doing shots on a Kibbutz when I asked the Israelis how they stay so fit and you know what their response was? "We never eat Matzah Ball soup or latkes. Shit's fucking toxic." Anyway, get ready. I am proud of my body right now, and I already prance around looking like a complete harlot as a result of this pride. When I LOVE my body... It's going to be bikini-time 24/7 this summer.

SIDENOTE: Has anyone else noticed that once you lose a significant amount of weight, sometimes you DON'T want to wear so little? My whole life I've loved my legs and hated the rest of myself, so I became very good at dressing accordingly. Now, though... I'm just happy with myself, so I... cover up? The other da I went to a bar in jeans and a long-sleeved sweater. This became a problem when the night turned into a 2-hour dance party. This problem was exacerbated by the music choice: exclusively songs I loved in middle school and high school. Read: I know all the dance moves by heart.

GOAL: I want to do things on the weekend. I mean real things. Not just occasionally going out to bars or running. I mean GOING PLACES. Maybe I'll climb mountains. Or start volunteering with Hadassah. Does anyone know anything about Hadassah? Apparently my great-grandma all but created it, yet I have no clue what it is other than the fact that they spam me with emails constantly.




1 comment:

Teppy said...

Yeahhh bikini time !! lets both be ready to buy that bikini from victorias secret by summer!!! that black strappy one!!!