Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Year's Resolutions for 2009

People are going to law school, and med school, and having babies, and getting engaged, and getting married, and buying property, and it all makes me feel very old. Should I be married with kids and a mortgage? YES, I SPELLED MORTGAGE RIGHT, probably for the first time ever. No, someone who gets so much pleasure out of spelling the word mortgage correctly is probably not ready for one.

New Year's Resolutions:
  1. Lose 30 pounds.
  2. Not wear pants.
  3. Spread the word about not wearing pants.
  4. Run at least 4 times a week.
  5. Grow my hair out.
  6. Read students' notebooks more often.
  7. Have more patience with my students.
  8. Plan further ahead.
  9. Stay organized and clean.
  10. Throw out at least a third of my wardrobe.
  11. Learn and implement more effective classroom management.
  12. Learn (well, re-learn) Spanish.
  13. Keep working on my book.
  14. Learn to sew.
  15. Be a better friend / keep in touch with people more.
  16. Not spend as much money!
  17. Learn to use the Smartboard MUCH BETTER.
  18. Be on time.
  19. Go on more outdoor adventures.
  20. KEEP THE MINIVAN CLEAN.
  21. Dial down the road rage.
  22. Do more art.
  23. Read for PLEASURE.
  24. Actually revisit my New Year's resolutions periodically to see if I've made any progress.
  25. Cook more.
  26. Learn to make caramelized onions.
  27. Learn my way around Brookline/Allston. At this point, it's just pitiful.
  28. Run road races. To think that I went an entire year (more, actually) without running one.
  29. Travel somewhere, even if it's not that far away.

No comments: