Sunday, August 07, 2011

Acceptance Speech for Most Amazing Caprese Salad Ever

I just made the most amazing caprese salad in the history of caprese salads. I am having an out-of-body experience right now. The perfect union of white balsamic vinegar, fresh mozzarella, salt, tomatoes, and three (not one, not two, but three) kinds of basil. The flavor is dancing across my tongue.

I couldn't have done it alone. In no particular order, I would like to thank...

  • The Market Basket in Chelsea, MA, for providing high-quality fresh mozzarella cheese at a sinfully low price. 
  • Trader Joe's, for the perfect Kosher salt. 
  • My mom: 
    • for generously donating three kinds of basil from her garden
    • for insisting that I take home some tomatoes freshly picked from Wilson Farms
    • for raising me to have good taste, and appreciate good food
    • for giving me white balsamic vinaigrette in an old salad dressing bottle, and labeling it with her perfect mommy handwriting
    • for taking time out of her day to read this completely ridiculous blog that is mostly dedicated to her supreme and total awesomeness 
  • The Kingdom of the Netherlands, for inventing Heineken beer, which goes perfectly with this meal. 
 XOXO- Leah

No comments: