Saturday, May 28, 2011

Welcome Warmth

I am so content. Content is the word. I've never truly known the meaning of it until the last few days.

It began when I was driving home... Thursday? Friday? I don't remember. I just remember walking outside, turning my head towards the sun, closing my eyes, letting the warm breeze hit me and...

Perfection.


Was last spring/summer such a sweet relief? I don't remember. I can't think that far back. This winter was so long, so cold, so grey, so miserable. So much snow. So much wet. So many shivers.

Early spring was just as bad. I don't remember last year, or the year before, but I am pretty sure it didn't include this much misery. Day after April day I came home and crawled under the covers because it was still uncomfortably cold in my apartment. Day after day I froze because I refused to wear a coat. Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that. My favorite coat was stolen, and my two second favorites had buttons fall off, so I just said, "F-this" and wore my bulky H&M sweaters as coats for the remainder of the winter.

I love the heat. I love the warmth.

Thank God.

No comments: