Saturday, May 02, 2009

10 things I would change if I could

I have no recollection whatsoever of writing that blog about running camp. I know I wasn't drunk... maybe I was half-asleep? Wow. Some people sleeptalk, I sleepwrite, or sleepblog.

Well, since I have a strict rule of always doing assignments I give to my students, I decided to do the territories prompt I gave my literary magazine this week. Also, they reminded me. "Miss, did you do this already? You know your rule. You have to do all the assignments you make us do. It's only fair."

Ten things I would change if I could:

  1. If I could, I would like Jeremy Irons to follow me around and narrate my life in third person. His voice is so gravelly, evil and incredible... Plus, I think I would get street cred from my fifth graders if Scar from the Lion King was my personal narrator.
  2. You should be able to get married, regardless of gender. I don't understand the opposition. If you're against gay marriage... then don't get one, and shut up about it. It's not your concern.
  3. I would like to be able to operate on 3 hours of sleep.
  4. I wish one of my students specifically would take writing seriously, because he's a brilliant and wonderful writer and person.
  5. I would make Karolina's wedding during Feb. vacation next year so I wouldn't have to use my personal days.
  6. I would get tons of computers for my school.
  7. I would make more hours in a day.
  8. I would make Houghton Mifflin or Simon Schuster call me and beg me to publish my own curricular resource on writing instruction for a ridiculous compensation.
  9. I would make protein shakes taste better.
  10. I would snap my fingers and have my brother find his perfect job.
Over and out--LW

No comments: